Another temple, another stampede and ~ 0.000002% of the population is dead. Blame game started and ended. Jaswant singh made a "honorable" statement of taking the blame as he is the chief trustee.The opposition made some noise ,as much as needed, with elections round the corner. Media covered it until a much juicier tragedy came along. Then all the brouhaha ended just as fast as it had started. Everyone concerned has bigger fish to fry like n-deal, why "terrorism" might not be due to Muslims at all in India and so on.Life goes on. No lessons learnt. The same exercise will happen ad nauseum.
Switch to Delhi.This time a journalist was shot through the head.One more added to the count of unsolved crimes in the NCR region. Once again as on cue Media covered it with all "masala", everyone made comments on how a young life was lost and so on. But the CM of Delhi, Madam Dikshit, took the cake and icing too for her comments. She laid the responsibility fair and square on the dead girl. She said and I quote "One should not be adventurous,blah blah blah. She was travelling in the early hours of the morning, so I think we need to take greater care. She was driving all by herself at 3 o clock in the morning in a city which people believe is not very safe for women after dark". Adding insult to injury she added an advice, "Delhi is not a very safe city". I say "Thanks but no thanks".
Going by the comments mentioned above, we are now expected to stay to the confines of our houses/offices because anti-social elements need their own space. I am thinking days are not far wherein someone who is the victim of an anti-social activity might be sued, chargesheeted because the "so called" responsible people, did not act as their responsibility dictates them to.
These are 2 glaring examples of what ails India. The lack of accountablity and responsibility.I am at a loss as to whether I need to approve of the above mentioned actions or to pay lip service(as most do) and get on with my life.
Reams can be written on how things are mis-managed in India. We survive somehow and it is a point to ponder as to how we even exist. Irresponsibility thrives at all levels in this country. People from the lowest strata of the society to the highest strata are in a stiff competition in being irresponsible. Starting from the common man to civic authorities to the rulers in North block, no one wants a share in the things which are needed to make the above 2 incidents a irregular occurence and not a daily affair.
I personally feel people in the lower strata can be excused for "anything goes" due to the multitude of problems they face for their survival.My ire is against the people who are in authority, who are in the know of things and who have various tools to get things done.But alas they do NOT care, as they know that their positions are not governed by performance.
In my opinion, as long as I,me,myself,my family come first and not my nation, we will be like this only. A great nation is not created in a jiffy. It is made by the masses doing the right thing at the right time and taking pride in things they do for thier country. As long as the attitude "I am safe, who cares" exists we will have tragedies due to terrorism, anti-social elements and what not. And as long as we do NOT hold authorities responsible for what they DON'T DO the nation will suffer. I see that these feelings are not mine alone. The current generation is seething with the injustice in this country. I hope that this generation and the ones to come will take a hint of where their fore-fathers screwed up royally and make this country a better place to be in.
A sad note to write on the Mahatma's birthday, but I am sure his opinions would have been the same, if he were there.
No comments:
Post a Comment